Stress management with Yael Bloch
We are inviting you to a 2 hours workshop designed to cover information and practices to include in our daily life.
After a review of the mechanisms of stress, we shall try individually to identify and order what sources of stress we experiment and the strategies we have already tried to overcome, some more successfully than others, for us, and in front of the group for those wanting to share.
We shall then see how different aspects of yoga can help us :
– a practice focused on centering, anchoring, opening and vertical alignment,
– breathing, its key influence on the mind, and how to remain energetic while relieving stress,
– philosophical considerations based on ancient yoga scriptures,
– yoga nidra (deep relaxation method),
– meditation (short initiation).
About the facilitator:
Yael Bloch is a French former engineer and doctor in Soil Mechanics. Her children, her life abroad and some back pain have lead her to attend to a Yoga Teacher Training Class in 2001 in New-York, and then in Paris. Now living in Bucharest, she is teaching yoga, mathematics and she is writing – two books in French have been published this year : Ashrams, voyage aux sources du yoga and Respire, by the well established La Plage publishing house.
She is passionate about yoga philosophy, which has transformed her life, and is keen to understand and explain the why and how we do things in yoga.
She has been participating to the Research Group on Yoga for Children of the EFY (Ecole Française de Yoga) since 2005, implying continuing trainings on this topic for future yoga teachers, as well as publications. She is giving yoga classes for children in Bucharest and dedicates also time for sick and abandoned babies at the Marie Curie Hospital for the association Inima Copiilor.
She has a Facebook page and a website under the name yogaavecyael.
– We have a limited number of places so please make sure you confirm your place on Messenger
– Bring your own yoga mat, a small towel and a bottle of water
– The entire workshop will be delivered in English language.