WordPress is well-known for its ease of installation. Under most circumstances, installing WordPress is a very simple process and takes less than five minutes to complete. Many web hosts now offer tools (e.g. Fantastico) to automatically install WordPress for you. However, if you wish to install WordPress yourself, the following guide will help. Now with Automatic Upgrade, upgrading is even easier.
The following installation guide will help you, whether you go for the Famous 5 Minute Installation, or require the more detailed installation guide.
- Things to Know Before You Begin Installing WordPress
- The Famous 5-Minute Installation
- Detailed Installation Instructions
- Common Installation Problems
- Automated Installation
- WordPress in Your Language
- Installing WordPress in Your Language
- How to Install Multiple Blogs
- How to Install on Your Own Computer
- Easy 5 Minute WordPress Installation on Windows
- How to Install with Amazon’s Web Services (AWS)
- How to Install at Digital Ocean on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
- Unattended (automated) installation of WordPress on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
- Getting Started with WordPress (much more installation info)
Things to Know Before Installing WordPress
Before you begin the install, there are a few things you need to have and do.
Things You Need to Do to Install WordPress
Begin your installation by:
- Checking to ensure that you and your web host have the minimum requirements to run WordPress.
- Downloading the most current version of WordPress.
- Unzipping the downloaded file to a folder on your hard drive.
- Creating a secure password for your Secret Key
- Keeping this webpage open so you have it handy during the installation.